Saturday, April 4, 2015

Designing T-Shirts!

Hi there! Yesterday I was just so excited about the Student with Diabetes conference that my boyfriend Joey and I are going to, that I decided to design t-shirts for us to wear. Having these shirts will come in handy if we decide to start going to other type 1 diabetes related functions, such as gatherings or walks. Now presenting my shirts I have created for me and Joey!



When I was thinking about designing shirts to support and represent type 1 diabetes and also finding a cure, I felt it was important to have the original gray ribbon with a blood blood drop for diabetes printed on the front. I have personally decided to get a tattoo of this ribbon on my wrist to remind myself what is a part of me, and diabetes is something that I can and never will forget that I have. Although this tattoo is not the best, it is a symbol of a huge part of me. About a year after I got my tattoo, the blue circle came out to represent diabetes, and I was ashamed of my tattoo. Maybe I felt ashamed because people were no longer using the ribbon, or maybe because the ribbon was no longer the "right" representation. With these shirts I wanted to connect both of the symbols because they are both "right". I like how the blue circle with the blood splattered heart in the middle looks like a target. I originally left the blue circle and the heart, but later added the syringe. The syringe is a obviously another huge part of diabetes. I wanted to add it somewhere, so I thought maybe in the middle of the heart, because it looks like a bull's eye of a target to me. Lastly, I wanted to add JDRF because if I walk around with this shirt, it could catch someones eye, and they could search for the foundation online, and with my hopes they would donate! There is not hurt in added it! 

I am sad that these shirts are very expensive to make. But it would be worth it to have! 

P.S. A stray cat took to me today at work <3 
Karma the kitty!





No comments:

Post a Comment